Monday, June 22, 2015

Devil's Tower and Tractor Pull!

HELLO!!! Well crazy week, so Monday was cool we had a good preperation day! We played some ultimate frisbee and got eaten alive by mosquitos but it was a lot of fun!! Then Monday night we had an investigator take us to Devils Tower! It was really cool and really pretty!! (picture added below). But then came Tuedsay... We get a call from Elder McGrath my old companion and he said " Elder Bench you have an hour to pack and be at the church your getting mid transferred!" hahaha crazy!! So he was running around trying to pack all of his stuff up and get ready to go up to Montana!! So I spent the day with Elder Burnham, which was fun, me and him were in the same MTC district and haven't really gotten to serve around each other out in the field so it was cool to be with him! Then that night I got my new companion his name is Elder Wells from American Fork Utah! This is his second transfer so I will be finishing his training! we haven't been together for a week yet and we are already tight. He's a cool dude! Well the work is progressing like crazy here, we were able to find 5 new investigators and have 2 baptisms coming this Saturday!! It's going to be a fun week planning those and finishing up the last lessons they need!! They are awesome kids and are so excited to be baptized!! We were able to put another person on date for baptism as well this week!! So the work is great! We are definitely being blessed now!!:) oh yeah and we went to this sweet Tractor Pull!! A member told me about it so I had to go watch.... it was awesome!! I love Wyoming! haha the people are great here in Gillette, it reminds me a lot of Brentwood, except not as cool;) Well I want to say happy Father's Day to all the dads out there! and especially to my dad!! I love you dad!! My dad has been my best friend ever since I can remember, I love hearing stories about when I was a baby and he would leave for work and I would hold my breath till I passed out! hahaha My dad is a super hero to me and I just hope and pray that I can become half the man that he is. He has taught me everything about being a man, about being a great husband and a great father. He is my example with everything I do, I may not try to walk behind him and step in the place he did and try to walk to same exact way he does anymore like I used to when I was a kid, but everyday I definitely try to act like he would act. Thank you for the love and support through out my whole life pops!!! Can't wait to go to an A's game with you in 9 weeks. your my best friend. Pictures below include my goodbye photo with my mission president and his wife before they leave.
Love Elder Swishdaddy








No comments:

Post a Comment